Monday, March 24, 2014

Hype
The purpose of the passage below Hype is that to show the reader how toxic and pollution advertising has become habit to our brain. The author emphasizes the fact that advertising can be found everywhere now day. For instance, if you are filling up car with gas we might find on the nozzle and everywhere when we can see around us.
 I agree with the writer Kalle Lasan and can relate many ways about that. I have some reason why I agree with the writer because I found myself surrounding by plenty advertisements on daily basis. For example, from the time I woke up and turn on the TV commercials are dumped were we go. When I sit at my bowl of cereal I looked up at the box and find ads on the back and sides of it. This is annoying to me. If I walk outside and go to the train and bus also. Unfortunately, one week ago I looked up and he ads from a product or show opening up soon. Even the metro cards I buy every month to commute to go to work. All the times it bring ads on the back.                                                 
 From the experience I have as a broadcasting student, I can say that media uses many different techniques to dump marketing messages in the consumers brain unconsciously. Media uses tone, music, colors and hidden techniques to catch our attention associate the shows on TV to the commercials following it. For instance, if we are watching a horror movie they might show commercials for another horror movie soon to be shown in the theaters. Furthermore, they might even show a commercial about house security because they know already that were vulnerable at the moment. However, that they often also use subliminal messages to deliver us without making it too obvious. You drive to country side and view of the wheat fields is broken at intervals by enormous billboards.                                   
The passage above that..."There is nowhere to run. No one is exempt and no one will be spared"...goes to show the severity of the situation and the fact that no matter where we go we would continue to see ads everywhere and no matter how much we try to avoid them. They will remain a part of society and also continue to play big role in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment